Over at the Homeschool Village they are talking about dads and how they contribute to our family’s homeschool. Homeschooling is something I could never do without Amos.
He’s there for me in many ways:
1. He prays for me. Each morning before he leaves for work we have a prayer time together. He always prays for our school day. This means so much to me because I know I cannot do this thing in my own strength.
2. He loving provides for me to be able to stay home and he doesn’t balk when I need to buy something. Really he doesn’t balk even if it’s a want. We’ve set a budget together and if there’s something I’m interested in he just says there’s money in the school fund.
3. He often runs errands picking up things. Right now he’s at the store trying to find 8x10 photo paper so I can print some prints for our upcoming Artist picture study. He often stops at the library getting us the books we need for our studies and many times he goes to the library super early so we won’t incur a fine.
4. There’s times he will help our around the house. He knows that there are days that we have a good (maybe even a bad one)homeschool day and not much housework has gotten accomplished. He never complains and will even jump in with helping out with whatever needs to be done.
5. He’s always been ready to join in our fun as you can see in the photo below. Last year he pretty much took over all the experiments when we were doing Exploring Creation with Astronomy.
6. He makes sure that I get to a yearly homeschool Convention. He knows I need it more than I think I do. He’ll even go to sessions that he has no interest in to take notes for me. I just so appreciate his enthusiasm for learning how to improve our homeschool.
I know there’s many other things that Amos does and I probably don’t recognize them all.
Sweetie, you’re an amazing father and such a blessing to me. We love you big bunches!!!





5 comments:
This sounds really great. I forgot to mention it in my post but my hubby does a lot of errands for me as well. Thank God for husband like these, it makes a difference.
I'm thankful for my husband running errands for me too! He's stopped countless times on is way home from work to pick up dinner items I forgot at the store. Thanks for linking up!
Such an awesome post, Edwena! Tim runs errands for me, too! :-)
I wonder if they realize how much helping with the errands mean to us? I so appreciate that when my husband gets off the train at 9pm he is willing to swing by the grocery store for a gallon of milk or a loaf of bread. It means the world to me.
wow! You are really blessed to have a husband that does so much for you and your family. What a great team the two of you must be. Your children must feel so at ease with a father that is truly there for them.
Post a Comment