Monday, February 25, 2008

Making Your Home a Haven Monday: Pick a Drawer!

Today I'm joining Crystal over at Biblicalwomanhood and picking a drawer or dresser in the house to clean out and reorganize. I'm going to do the children's dresser today. Things aren't bad in there and when I learn how to posts pictures I will. My dear children put their own clothes away in their drawers. They are 5 and 3 so things aren't perfect and could use a little straightening. Plus I'll take out whatever we're not using much.

My tips for keeping children's clothes organized is this: I mainly hang my children's clothes that are nicer and that they wear regularly. When I hang them up I match them into outfits. Even if I didn't purchase them as an outfit, I match them up nicely. Before I was so overrun with clothes that weren't getting worn, just because we had them. Now if they don't serve a purpose or they don't have something to match they're gone to the Goodwill to hopefully help another family.

Pajamas, socks, undies, tights, and play clothes all go in a drawer. Again they are matched up when they're put in there. If we have a sock that comes out of the dryer without a match it just gets laid on top of the other socks (not buried), so when it comes through the next load it's easy to find. Hope some of those things help you with keeping your dear children's clothes organized.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are my "kindred spirit" in kids clothes organizing! Great tips! I especially like the loose socks in the top of the drawer tip as I keep a little box of loose socks near where I fold laundry, but *everyone's* socks go in there and it is alot of sorting through every time to find matched pairs...