This morning John read aloud to me for 15 minutes, then it was Gracie's turn. The timer went off and her time was up. They both begged to read more. I told them I was starving and didn't they want to eat?
Gracie's reply was, "I love books, Momma." John then said, "Don't you remember that verse, Man shall not live by bread alone, Momma?" I told him that I did know that verse and quoted it fully for him, explaining that it was talking about God's Word, not just any book. He then told me that reading all these books would prepare them to read God's Word with no problem. Who could argue with that? They each read two more books until my stomach couldn't take it any longer.
This was a blessing to my heart as John was trying to make a practical application of the Word of God. Also one of my goals as a mother was to instill a love of reading into my children. As an adult I've talked with others who have a hard time reading the Bible because they do not enjoy reading in general. Maybe I've accomplished atleast one of my parenting goals.
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Sweet!
awww! so rewarding!
This is such a blessing to read! :) Ami
A blessing indeed! :-)
Post a Comment