Thursday, January 7, 2010

Winter Fun

Today was on of those winter storm days. It's been snowing since this morning and still is. I love it!!! To be honest, I hate the cold, but I love when we get a lot of snow. It usually means daddy is home shoveling, John and Gracie are outside playing, and I'm inside (after taking photos) making yummy things for my family. Today I tried two new recipes, Mexican Hot Chocolate and Cinnamon Spiced Nuts.
Today I I whipped out John and Gracie's cleaning spray bottles, emptied them, and refilled them with water and some food coloring, so they could decorate the snow and their snow cakes they were making.


John has been waiting all winter to be able to get to a clean, safe icicle to eat. Today his wish was fulfilled.


Gracie was just rolling around and around in the snow. It was crazy. I don't know how she wasn't freezing except that she had 4 layers of clothes on. :)


John was praciticing turning the sled. Later on Amos got out the cornhole boards, and they built ramps at the bottom of the hill and the bottom of the swing set slide. They really had fun, even daddy.


Here's Gracie's snow cake she was hard at work on. They even requested sugar, which momma gave them. Of course it was the white stuff, that's cheap.



The above picture was the other yummy, new recipe that I tried today. Super good!!! It tasted very similar to those expensive almonds we get at the zoo once a year during the Festival of Lights.
Here's the recipe:
Cinnamon Spiced Nuts
1 egg white
2 tbs. water
3 1/2 c. mixed nuts
3/4 c. brown sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground cloves
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
Beat egg white and water. Stir in nuts until moist. Drain. Combine dry ingredients. Stir in nuts until coated. Put nuts on greased cookie sheet. Bake at 250 for 30 minutes. Enjoy!!

1 comment:

Jen said...

What fun! So glad to see you back!