Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Uh Oh, Spaghettios!

To start off, I want to say we have never ever made Spaghettios in this house before. I do not like them and never have. To be honest, I think they smell like barf. I know, I know, that's not nice, but we're being honest here.

There's been lots of sickness here lately and everything doesn't seem to be getting done like I'd like. As a result, last night I decided we were having a very quick dinner. I pull out Spaghettios for the kids which I got free at one of the grocery stores. They have never had this as far as I know. Then I pull out soup in a can for me. Amos was not eating because he has a stomach bug. I also threw in some garlic toast in the oven.

When it's all ready the children ask me what it is. I say it's Spaghettios. John tries it and says, "I don't like the sauce." I give him some of my soup which to be honest is okay. I much prefer my homemade soups. Gracie says she likes it, but is picking at it which is not a sign that she likes it. I finally ask her, "Do you like it, Gracie?" She answers no.

This is not turning into such a quick easy dinner. John is finished with his soup and garlic bread by now and says he wants an apple. Gracie says she wants blueberries and an apple. I serve them up.

Amos comes into the kitchen and I tell him that neither one of the kids liked the Spaghettios. He then says, "I never liked them either." This put me to thinking. Are Spaghettios just disgusting and no one like them? Is this just hereditary that my kiddos don't like them? What do you think?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

If it's hereditary, I think we must all be just one big happy family. I bought some because I thought dd5 might like them since she does not like much of anything else, nothing thats remotely healthy anyway. I even bought the Princess kind. First of all, she did not even like the looks of them. She asked me if I could wash the sauce off. Well, that's better than dumping the whole thing in the trash, right? I put them in a colandar and rinsed them with warm water. She ate about two bites and said she was full. (which in her code it means she did not like it) Oh well, she just ate a bowl of cereal instead.
Next time I want quick and easy, we'll have cereal or oatmeal. ;)

Keeslermom said...

I never liked them either, even as a child. I bought a can for my kids to try, thinking they were missing out on some childhood requirement, and they HATED them. We threw the entire can away! I just thought it was because they are SO picky. glad to know we aren't the only ones!

Anonymous said...

I have never liked them either! LOL! I think the sauce part has a disgusting flavor to it! Because I don't like them, I have never bought them...so I'm not sure about my kids. I am pretty sure they would not like them either. :)

Anonymous said...

I have to confess, in my younger days, I did like them. I remember eating them straight out of the can in college (and actually liking it). I'm honestly not sure I would still like them, and my ds has not tried them. I voted that I did like them, simply from past experience.

Anonymous said...

Edwena! I'm sorry you guys have tummy bugs.

I think Spaghettios (sp?) have a barf AFTER TASTE - so if you gobble them up quickly, they're ok! Only barfy at the end.

My daughter loves them. I don't buy them. I think we've had them in the house once. They don't ask for them! I'm sure my husband would eat them til the cows come home! (we don't have cows.)

Jen U. said...

I hate spagettios too! I too think they smell like throw up! I have never given them to the kids, so I don't know if they like them or not? I am surprised they have stayed around all these years, to be honest!