We've been doing everything wintery around here. So we decided to make some snowball cookies. Now I'm not the best cookie maker in the world. My best is giant chocolate chip cookies, but that's only because I have a wonderful "secret" recipe.

I definitely include the kiddos. They're learning about fractions while they're having fun.

John is like a major cook. He enjoys all of it. Gracie hung with us for awhile, but eventually petered out.

I had never made these cookies before, so I sent John for his ruler. I just wanted to measure one and make sure they were 1", then I'd eyeball it from there. Well, John wanted to measure every single one. Even after we were done with the cookies, he went around the house measuring things.

After the cookies were done, it was time for our tea party. Doesn't Gracie look cute? She loves to dress up.

My mom bought Gracie this beautiful tea set for Christmas over a year ago.

Tea parties are fun, but they learn so much from them too. They have to be careful with such delicate things.

Gracie is serving daddy and using her manners. She said, "What can I get for you, sir?"


In our house tea parties aren't just for girls. John enjoys them too. He pretends he's a Sheriff.

The cookies actually turned out fine, but great-grandma has a better tasting recipe that we need to get from her. We also enjoyed watching
Treasures of the Snow.
3 comments:
Wonderful, Edwena! :) Ami
That is a beautiful tea set Edwena! I love your daughters pioneer hat too. Our girls have some of those that we got at Laura Ingalls Wilders home in MO this past year.
I love this post. It is so fun to see your husband enjoying tea time :-) I only have boys, so they have been taking tea in the afternoon as long as they can remember....i am hoping their future brides will like tea time;-)
~katrina
Post a Comment