Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Getting Back on Track:The Morning Routine

I have been dwelling on how I need to make more efficient use of my time. That's about all I'm getting done really. I need to do more than just think about it. There's a lot to get done in a day here with homeschooling, cooking, cleaning, planning, and the list seems to go on and on.

I know that not everything is going to be done every day and perfectly, but I know that I can be doing a better job than I have been lately. It seems like when I get overwhelmed I just freeze. It's hard to do anything since there's so much to do. You don't know what to do. Amos and I were just discussing this week his new morning routine and how much he's enjoying it. I told him that I needed to work out a new morning routine too.

I was reading over at Crystal's blog how's she is implementing a new morning routine herself and has encouraged others to do so. Now it's more fun to do things with others so I thought I'd join her and try it out for a few weeks. Things could only get better.

Here's my planned morning routine:
1. Get up by 6 a.m. do my walk video
2. Eat, read Bible and pray
3. Shower and dress
4. Start load of laundry
5. Get my children up

I'd say the biggest one for me is to get John and Gracie up. It's hard not to just let them snooze while I enjoy some quiet personal time. I realize I'm just being selfish to be honest. I know I will be happier (uh, really have more joy, my word for the year) doing what is right.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the simplicity of your morning routine! Good luck in getting those kids up, you can do it.

katrina said...

Great morning routine. I am curious about the walk video. I am wondering how long it is and if it is for a tradmill? I don't own one. I am enjoying your blog and LOVE your word of the year.
In Him,
katrina

KarenW said...

I'm glad to know that someone else is reading their bible after exercise. First is a good thing but I would fall asleep!

Your blog is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I agree - sometimes it is tempting to let the kiddos keep sleeping so we can enjoy more quiet time. :)

I also agree that it's a good thing to get them up and going to.

Hope you have a great week!
Karen