Thursday, May 15, 2008

What would you do?

After reading Michelle's post on being a Good Samaritan, I thought I'd post about my experience with this.

When I was in the checkout line at Wal-Mart on Tuesday, the lady in front of my did not have enough money to pay for her total. She started to look around for something to take off. She was only short $0.86. I then handed her four quarters. She was able to pay for the her stuff and she left with the change. She was very grateful and kept saying, "God bless you."

I again saw her when I was leaving Wal-Mart she was driving in her car smiling and waving at me.

Where have we come from in our country when these incidents are so rare? I mean I know the Bible says in Matthew 24:12, "And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold." I know this is all because of sin. So many people are hardened.

I've seen people so frustrated in line because the person in front of them doesn't have enough money. They sigh and shift their weight. I mean do you really think the person without enough money feels great about making everyone wait. I'm sure they don't.

Michelle's post and my experience this week are just a great reminder to me and hopefully those reading to be a little kinder and maybe show God's love to someone. It could lead to a great opportunity to talk to someone about Christ's love. Think about it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man sometimes you make your baby sis's eyes leeky. Thought provoking for sure. :O muah