Friday, April 11, 2008

A Birthday Present from God

Well, as I stated before today is my birthday. While I was finishing making up the children's lunch, I peeked out my back door. We have new bird feeders that Amos just installed last night. I hope to do a unit study on birds with my munchkins soon. Anyway, when I looked outside I said a prayer. My prayer was, "Dear God, would you please send a bird to the feeder today and just let me see it for my birthday?" Now Amos told me it may take awhile for the birds to come.

I then took everyone's lunch into the dining room and we ate lunch. On my way back into the kitchen I peeked out the back door and guess what I saw? A bird at my bird feeder, but not just any bird-a cardinal. What's the big deal? Well, the cardinal is my favorite bird.

God is just so gracious to me. What a special present for me! God could have sent any bird and I would have been happy, but He sent my favorite bird. God is good(all the time).

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Edwena!! What a beautiful gift from our precious Father! I hope you enjoy your special day!!

Love,
Candace

Melinda said...

Happy Birthday, Edwena! God is good, isn't he! Enjoy your day! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Big Sis.

If all you wanted was a bird you should have told me. HA!

Just kidding, glad you were blessed at least once on your birthday, may more blessings flow today. Loves you MASSES, MUAH!!!

My Blessings From Above said...

Happy Birthday, Edweena! I am so glad you got to see a bird on your birthday!
Cardinals are very special here as well. My grandma loves cardnials, she has them all over her home (not real ones). Her birthday was Monday. I just wrote the other day about her on my blog.
Enjoy your special day!

Jen said...

Alright, I've got some feeders and hopefully we will get the same results! : )
Jen

Anonymous said...

I am Happy that God Bleesed you today. I hope and pray you will always live for him as he will continue to bless you love mom!