The weather here was so beautiful today. When Gracie got up I told her how nice it was outside and she asked if we could go to the zoo. My answer was yes. We were going to try and go last week, but the weather man missed the mark. So today was the day.

Gracie loves elephants and today we learned that elephants wear sunscreen to protect their sensitive skin. Their sunscreen is the dirt that they throw up on their backs. All three of the elephants we saw today had "sunscreen" on and we got to see one applying his "sunscreen".

This bird was outside and not caged in at all. When we approached him he was preening himself. He then whistled at us. That was really cool, so I started talking to him calling him pretty bird and the like. Then he said hello to us. John and Gracie both loved this, for that matter, so did I.
Here are the two sweeties. We saw all kinds of statues today which was great. In Owl Moon (the FIAR book we're rowing) it talks about the trees being like statues. I think this really cemented the idea in the children's heads.
We also got to see the owl which I'll post pictures of later when I post what we're doing with Owl Moon. I'm so glad I've been able to figure out how to post these pictures.
2 comments:
Love the new pictures! : )
Yay for you in figuring out a new trick! :D The photos look great.
Elysa Mac
From the FIAR boards
Post a Comment