We then headed out for a lunch of Chinese food at our favorite Chinese restaurant. John definitely eats more of the authentic Chinese food than Gracie does. John asked our waitress if she had ever been to China and obviously she had because she barely spoke English. He also asked her if she had ever seen the Yangtze River, but she could not understand what we were talking about.

John loves fountains, and this has always been one of his favorites. It is at the Chinese Restaurant. They got to throw a couple pennies in. Why do we love to do this?

We then headed to the Krohn Conservatory because I remembered that they had bonsai trees. The one below is called the Crown of Thorns. I love it. It's one of the most pretty bonsai trees that they have.
This is one of my favorites as it looks like a miniature forest. I had to add the picture even though Gracie looks a bit goofy. We went at the right time and the right day, because there was a man there "training" one of the bonsai trees. We got to see the wire wrapped around the trees limbs. They direct the trees in the way they grow. He told us that bonsai means "tree in a pot". I guess that would make sense. He then told us how four thousand years ago the emporer declared that no one was to have a tree bigger or more beautiful than his or else their heads would be cut off. That's why the Chinese began planting trees in a pot.
We then headed to the Krohn Conservatory because I remembered that they had bonsai trees. The one below is called the Crown of Thorns. I love it. It's one of the most pretty bonsai trees that they have.
This led to the discussion of how we have so many freedoms here in the U.S. for which we should be thankful. Thank you, Lord.

This bonsai trees says it was 350 years old. It's amazing.
We then headed down to Eden Park to feed the ducks. John and Gracie had so much fun. There were a ton of ducks and they were agressive. They were not mean at all, but they were determined to get something to eat. They even ate our 100% whole wheat bread, unlike some human beings :) We talked about how God put oil on the ducks feathers so they could float. Without this they would sink.
Check out Gracie's smile in the photo below.
The ducks personally made me a little nervous, but I did not let John and Gracie know this. They had no fear at all for which I'm thankful.
This duck was doing exactly what Ping was doing, searching for food when his master was calling. We talked about how ducks eat insects, plants, and snails. Wonder what this guy found?
We then headed to the playground and let them swing and slide for a little while. We had a great time.


This bonsai trees says it was 350 years old. It's amazing.




2 comments:
Wow what a fun day!!
Looks like fun! I would have been nervous, too, just by the sheer number of the ducks!
Post a Comment